NOTE: Currently all tech education programming is on hold due to COVID restrictions. We will update this page when programming resumes.
DANEnet works in partnership with nonprofit organizations and other groups to provide technology education. Some projects that we can do include; build your own computer, e-textiles, Raspberry Pi, coding, robotics and Maker Clubs. Most programming balances developing new technology skills and self-directed learning or tinkering. DANEnet provides the staff, the materials, the content and curriculum. Host partners provide the people and often the space. Host partners provide the people and often the space. Technology education promotes:
- Creativity! Find new ways to solve problems, explore ideas and have fun.
- Computer Science Concepts! Learn core computer science concepts like programming, networking and hardware.
- Connection! Work collaboratively with others and engage with the world and people in it.
Where does DANEnet provide these programs?
- At libraries and museums
- In community and youth centers
- In after school programs
- At a senior center
- In schools
- With faith based groups
- And most any other place with people, power and connectivity
The cost varies greatly depending on the length of time, the materials used and the number of participants. A rough estimation is $100 per hour of programming for a group of 10 people. DANEnet has developed relationships with local businesses and foundations and will work in partnership with organizations to secure funding, as needed. Call (608) 274-3107 for more details.