Technology Solutions for Nonprofits
Technology planning and training
Network planning and maintenance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should we use DANEnet?
Technology planning, up-to-date computer hardware, affordable Internet access, knowledge of software applications, a useful website and social media savvy are all essential for nonprofit organizations, but are often left out of the budget and under-resourced. When nonprofits take full advantage of the capacity of technology, they can focus more energy on their mission and raising funds to support their organization.
Too often nonprofits end up paying for high-priced services from companies that don’t share their mission and don’t know about special technology deals and offers for nonprofits. DANEnet has the knowledge, the expertise and the connections to help organizations do their good work.
How does technology support work?
How much does it cost?
DANEnet bills per hour of technology consultant’s time plus 1/2 of their travel time to and from the site. Our current rate structure includes; pay as you go at $75 per hour for a consultant’s time and $60 per hour for a technology support specialist’s time or purchase prepaid service contract at $70 per hour. Discounts are available for clients that use more than 100 hours per year.
How fast can you help?
I am not really sure, can I learn a little more?
We are not a nonprofit, can you help us?
This sounds fabulous, how do we start?
Is there anything DANEnet staff can't do?
DANEnet staff can build a website, align a facebook and twitter account and help make sure the technology works. We do not write content and we can not get people to like or follow you. Likewise, DANEnet can develop a great file system, back-up plan and virus prevention, but the organization must use it for it to work.
We do not do technology support during non-business hours.
Examples of our work
- Functions as the IT department for many nonprofits
- Serves as the back-up staff for many larger nonprofits with in-house IT
- Completes one-time wiring and network design projects
- Develops technology plans that ensure data is secure and backed-up
- Provides on-demand support for network and desktop problems
- Plans for software and hardware upgrades
- Connects nonprofits to the Internet and builds wireless networks
- Consults on technology plans, capacity building and ways to use technology to improve work efficiency
- Provides technology solutions for tracking attendance and client data
- Consults on software and hardware purchases
- Makes hardware and software purchases for clients
- Assists in interviewing and hiring IT staff
- Reviews proposals and bids on technology work
The Fine Print
Still want to learn more about our hours, rates, and types of work?
Download our FINEprint document for all the details.
Need a copy of our pre-paid Service Contract click the link to download the document.